I recently took my young children to see the new movie “Hop.” The movie predictably focused on the secular notion of Easter, including lots of bunnies, candy, and chocolate. But what caught me off guard was the filmmaker’s effort to normalize the sexually promiscuous lifestyle of Playboy!
The verbal exchange between an AWOL bunny and the voice of Hugh Hefner at the gate of the Playboy mansion is an obvious attempt to add adult humor to a kid’s movie. But, I find it no laughing matter to present the subject and lifestyle associated with pornography as mainstream to little children.
Even though the kiddo’s in the theatre may have no idea who Hugh Hefner and the Playboy mansion are, it’s still wrong to expose these innocent ones to such figures in what is billed as a family film. Mr. Hefner’s lifestyle is not normal and it should not be presented as such to children.
I recommend you skip “Hop” and instead take your family to the God-honoring film “Soul Surfer”.
Jim Sprague
Executive Director
April 19, 2011
Hop Flops
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment